Friday, July 15, 2011

Shirts for Shelters

So I'm thinking about starting a project that could help dogs at shelters. Now that I'm off to college, I am reluctant to start volunteering permanently somewhere. I don't want to be overwhelmed by everything in my first semester/year already. So I thought of a way to help from home (or in this case dorm room), because I'd still like to help out and do something good. :)

Shirts for Shelters

I want to collect old shirts and blankets and just pieces of fabric even and make different things out of them. It's easy to make dog toys out of strips of fabric and if I have the patience, I could make blankets, too. We'll see. I like the thought of making toys. I think that many puppies and young dogs would really appreciate them and that it would make their time in the Shelters a little better.

How do I get those shirts? Well, I'm planning on using my own shirts that I really don't wear anymore. I also want to make a facebook group,  so that any friends or people from college and close by can donate their stuff if they want to. I want to collect as much as possible, so I don't only have one or two or even five toys whenever I go to a shelter. No! I want to bring boxes of stuff to them! Many people just have their old stuff lying around, why not find a good use for it?

Please, give some feedback on that idea and tell me what you think. Or if you want to make your own, share them on my facebook page that I will make soon and then post here. Thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment