Monday, May 21, 2012

Hello!

I didn't go to the vet clinic on Thursday because it was a holiday. I had lunch with my grandpa at a father's day fest, went horseback riding and hung out a bit with my grandparents (mom's parents). The riding was awesome. Instead of going in a circle like I usually do on that trail, I kept going down new paths. It was really pretty and I even got to see a deer. :)

Friday, I went back to the vet. The usual vet's substitute was there again. I went in in the late afternoon, expecting to only stay for an hour or two. But I got to help sort medications, clean up, get the mail ready, greet and call clients, etc. Easy assistant work. Nothing big. But I'm only supposed to observe anyways, so helping with the little things was fun already. I didn't feel so useless like when I just stand off to the side. Later, we drove out to a barn to look at a horse and on the way back, we just talked about vet schools in Germany and the US and out pets.

We were planning on going shopping and the Regensburger Dult, a carnival type event, but were just too lazy. We went shopping for like two hours somewhere else and then to a beer garden at night. Nothing too exciting.

Yesterday, we went to a German Shepherd breeder show. It was interesting to see who always won, because I really learned what to look for and what a GSD is supposed to look like. The vet I shadow was there, too, with some of his dogs. Later, I hung out with my mom's parents again. My grandma made my favorite cheese cake again.

I'm going to the vet later today and then eat dinner with them again today. And tomorrow night, we're going to my stepsister's restaurant again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment