Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fun!

I got to watch a dog spay yesterday! First time ever. I also had to watch a dog getting anesthetized to make sure he wouldn't roll down the surgery table. He then got a tooth pulled, which was cool to see, too! The vet explained to me how to see puppies on ultra sound and I got to pet some puppies that were getting sick. They were very adorable.

I wish I could spend more time there. While I don't get to do much, I really enjoy the environment. It's very homey and I learn some great things!

It's an experience with many other first experiences within (like seeing a dog get euthanized for the first time).

I'm really hoping to get a job at the vet clinic that is right outside the neighborhood of my new house. I'm gonna dress nicely as soon as we get settled a little bit, and go in to talk to the vet. And even if I can't get a job, maybe I can shadow or volunteer - although I really want a job with a vet. I dislike my current job a lot and it would make getting vet experience so much easier and more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment