Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A new semester

And so the third year at UGA begins. It's weird to think I've been here that long already, but it must be true. I like it here though, so it's alright. If I get the choice, then I will stay here for grad school as well. I like the professors and the departments, what more could I ask for?

Today was the second day of classes and I've gone to all but one once already. It's a bit hectic, running from class to work to class, but that's ok. At least I'm done at 4:15 the latest every day and don't have to work every single weekend anymore. This semester I'm taking repro (again), horse production, animal biotechnology, an orientation class (writing resumes etc) and a linguistics class. All of them are in the same building (in front of which I get to park - which is a super hard parking pass to get!) besides linguistics and the HorseP lab, which is at our livestock arena usually. All of my professors are awesome, so I'm looking forward to a fun semester. It's about time I get mostly animal classes. I'm an animal science major after all!

I took Ivy to the dog park for the first time in two months today. She did bark at people here and there, but she also ran up to some people without any problems to be petted. We're making progress!

At the beginning of the summer, I started a new job. I really like it, a lot more than my old one. haha I take care of some of the vet school's research animals, mostly mice. A lot of them. I may have developed a mouse allergy, but we're still trying to figure out what exactly the problem is. It's not enough to have to quit though, so that's great. I really like it there. Especially now that my new goal is to become a researcher!


This was on a hiking trip with friends last fall. Ivy had so much fun in the woods and was exhausted on the car ride home. A tired pup is a good pup. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment