Sunday, July 15, 2012

Monster Update

Ivy is doing great! I went to two puppy meetings with her and she was wonderful. She demonstrated her commands well and some of her actions were even better than the ones from older puppies. I am very happy with her.

She is doing 'sit' very well and most of the time by now and we are getting the hang of down. For sit, she only needs to hear the command, but for down I still need to show her with a hand motion close to the ground. But instead of having my hand almost on the ground, I can by now have it about a foot above it and she still understands. Smart puppy. We're working on it. :)

I started teaching her the command 'door.' She hasn't figured it out yet, but I am doing it every day by saying the command as soon as she touched a door with her nose. I don't doubt that she'll catch up soon. We're also working on 'left' and 'right.'

I found somebody who is taking her every weekend when I'm at work. It looks like they like each other. :) I have to say it's nice to have a break from the puppy, but then again, I don't like not having her next to me when I read after work or laying at my feet when I do the dishes or laundry. It is definitely weird without her. I got used to having her around so quickly!

And even though the bf doesn't really want to admit to it, I'm pretty sure he likes her, too! ;)

Her monster collar is here! Hopefully I can put up a picture of her wearing it soon! I love it! :)

Here's another one for now. One of my favorites of her.


No comments:

Post a Comment