Friday, August 5, 2011

So close and also so far away..

I'm moving in four days. Can you believe it? I can hardly. It's so close. I'm so close to finally studying what I want. I can finally learn to do the job I have always wanted to do. Become a vet. I'm so excited about it. It's amazing.

But I'm also a little scared. I feel like everyone in my family has these high expectations. That I can do whatever I put in my head. At least academically. I'm the one who always does awesome at school. I'm scared not this time. What if I can't do it? What if I'm not good enough to get into vet school? It all makes me very nervous.

I got to focus. Focus on each semester and maybe I can do that. Maybe telling myself that will help, right? Hahaha.

So far away? Graduation from vet school is at least seven years away. It's gonna take forever! But oh well. One step at a time.

I got a job. I am so happy. It makes it so much easier. So far, it'll only be two days a week, but apparently I will be able to sign up for more eventually. It's a little extra money that I can save (Remember vet school? Yea.. it's pretty expensive) and I get some more work experience. If I don't make enough money here or I just need a different job, that will really help my resume. And maybe vet school app. Hahaha. I have orientation on Wednesday and will start on the 15th. Just like classes. They start that day also.

One of my fish died. I don't know why. One day he didn't move anymore and floated at the top; that's what the picture my bf sent me showed at least. He did look dead. Very dead. But when I came home, he acted better than I've ever seen him act. He looked like he felt amazing. The next day? Dead. The fish that lived, dead once again. And this time he stayed dead. Sad day. The other one seems to be doing better than before though. The big one kept bullying him and now that that one's gone, he seems happier.

Bf and I have been having a lot of fights lately. But somehow, at the same time, it's also been going better with us. At least that's how I feel. He is always scared that I won't be interested in him anymore once I'm in college and meet so many new people. But no. He doesn't need to worry about that. I'm gonna be focusing on school and work. Knowledge and experience. He is starting to get excited about me going to college, too, because he knows how excited I am. He wants me to do what I always dreamt about. And he trusts me to not use him or hurt his feelings if I can help it. I'm really serious with him and I'm trying to show him that. I think it's working.

He's not a big fan of reading, but he wants to do more of it to work on his English. So I bought him two books yesterday. I wanna give them to him on Tuesday when he goes home after we spend the day together in Athens. One has little German phrases in it. That way he can practice both common phrases in English and how to say them in German. He loves to study German and that way he can learn both. The second book is a travel book for Germany. I promised him that one day we would go to Germany together. Maybe he can pick out a few places now that he wants to see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment