Tuesday, August 30, 2011

oh.. HI !

I'm so sorry I've been ignoring this blog so much lately. There were so many things to be done in the last few weeks and whenever I was in my room, I was doing homework. If I was done with homework, I was in bed. That's it. Classes - work - bed. I'm always tired/exhausted. Yesterday I was so worn out that I had to leave work two hours early because I felt like I was going to pass out. But no work today and Friday. Only tomorrow and Thursday left for this week. And then I get to go home and hopefully see my boo on Sunday night when he comes back from the horse show. I'm excited. :)

I changed my work schedule, so I am now working 5 to closing at 9 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and 4 to closing on Thursdays. It's a lot of working, but I'm excited for my check at the end of this week. :)

I'm almost halfway done with my third week of classes. I love the college part of my life now. There re annoying classes like English and Calculus, which I just never understand, but the rest of my classes are good. So far, I actually enjoy Chem and I understand it still. I had my first lab today and it was ok, but I just don't enjoy labs very much. Science labs that is. I love my animal practicum lab. It's awesome! First we have a lecture about whatever animal we will be working with and then we have a 4 hour lab on Thursdays where we actually get a lot of hands-on experience. It is awesome. I love it. My favorite class by far. My horse racing class is pretty cool, too. I changed my animal science orientation to a companion animal care class and although we don't do much in there, I still learn some useful stuff. Great schedule. :)

My first animal practicum class was about sheep. We learned how to set sheep, eye score them to find out if they have any bloodsucking stomach parasites and how to trim their feet. Very exciting. Last week, we worked with beef cattle. Herding them and putting them in a chute. We found out how to tell their age by looking at their teeth and got to listen to their lungs and heart. I also got to watch how to take blood from their jugular vein and got to take blood by my myself from their tail. It was great! :D This week we are working with pigs.

I'm tired of typing now and I will tell you more later..

No comments:

Post a Comment