Saturday, August 13, 2011

And so it begins..

I moved in on Tuesday and so far it hasn't been too bad. It's weird to be alone. Well, as alone as you can be with about $20,000 other students. But seriously, living without a bf is weird. I miss him. A lot. We talk every day on the phone and skype, but it's just not the same. I'm so ready for him to come next weekend. Really looking forward to it.



I'm mostly moved in. My mom is bringing a fridge, microwave and some other stuff and then I'll be done. Mostly. I still need to figure out how to organize everything best. Takes me a while usually to get comfortable. hahaha

The bed is alright. It'll be a little tight when my bf is coming and I don't know yet what to do about it. Maybe buy a mattress and sleep on the floor? Or I could find a railing to put on the bed. I'm scared one of us will roll off the bed and fall onto by desk and tack box. Ouch! So far I've slept pretty well in it. That's probably because I walk around campus all day in the heat and am exhausted by the time I go to bed.

The campus is really pretty. There's some really unexpected beautiful places. Flower gardens and such. Amazing.



I know where all my classes are now. That's gonna make the first week a lot less stressful. I also visited the vet school today. I was very excited, but didn't actually see much besides the halls. lol They are setting up for the new vet class of 2015 I think. I didn't wanna be in the way.

My room is really cute. At least I think it is. I love it. I have my comfy corner to read and enough room to live. Or so we'll hope for now. My roommate is really nice. I like her.





I've been hanging out with my old friends a lot. I've met new people from both the US and Europe, but it'll take a while for me to really get comfortable around new people. So old friends it is for now. It's really nice actually, because I haven't seen them almost all summer long.

Classes start in two days. So does my new job. Makes me a little nervous to have a job as regular as this one. I've always been babysitting, dogsitting and tutoring. Nothing regular. Now I'll be working for about 5 hours every Monday and Wednesday. I will see how that goes and then try to get another day or two. The pay is not bad and very much needed. It's a job at the dining commons. Which aren't that bad actually. I don't like the Asian food, which I'm very upset about, but I guess I'll have to substitute with other things.

I'm gonna go to a poster sale later. :D I love poster but sadly never have enough room to put them up. I finally got to put up one of my German posters, my Ed Hardy door poster and the Victoria Frances one I've had for years. I love her pictures. They're incredible.


This is the one I own. But there are a lot of others I love, such as..

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment